How it's made...Wanna Hang-Out?

Today's card is soooo cute! I thought I'd show you how it's made just for kicks and giggles....

First, I picked out the cutest stamp set that I'm sooooo lovin' from There She Goes. It's called Loads of Fun. I picked a cute image and sentiment and went to work. I stamped the image twice, once on scrap cardstock to make a mask, once on a cardstock cut and embossed with a square Nestie.

Next, cut out the mask.



Using removable adhesive, adhere the mask. Love this adhesive.



Using a scrap piece of cardstock, I covered the edges that I wanted to remain white as a frame. Then using the daubers from the CTMH distressing kit, sponge CTMH Crystal Blue ink for the sky, Indian Corn Blue as sky density. OK, so I forgot to take a pic of sponging the grass, but I placed the negative image of the mask in place and used Sweet Leaf ink for grass/ground.


Next, get ready to pull your hair out! I stamped the clothesline again on CTMH Twitterpated patterned paper (and since I was at it, I did some on CTMH Topstitch papers too) and cut them out. These images are soooo tiny.


Then I adhered them, colored in the clothesline with my COPICS.


Adhere the focal image on the card and it's finished! The sentiment on the stamp set was too small for the 5x7 card, so I found a font on my computer that was close to Jessica's stamp set sentiment font and printed it. I love this card and there was TONS of lovin' put into it too!!


Hope that shows you the steps...well the ones that i remembered to photograph! Oopsie.

I'm entering this card in a bunch of challenges. This is my first time doing challenges! WOO HOO I'm getting internet savy.... here are the links: Pile It On Challenge - Warm Wishes, Die Cuts R Us - Ribbon, A spoon Full of Sugar - Freestyle, Incy Wincy Designs - Ribbon, ABC Challenge - M is for Masking, Cooking it up with Katie - New Prod (brand new stamp and paper actually), Non-Human Image, Texture

Leave me a comment to let me know what you think. ;-)

11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Corinna, and I'd like to say that I understood how to make it, but I didn't! Of course it's my fault: I don't know many of the words you used and I'm completely ignorant about how to make a card.
    Indeed I think that your works are terrific and just love your good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this stamp set from TSG and LOVE it! You did a great job with it Corrina!! Thanks for playing with us this week at DCRU!!
    Sammye Jo
    DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Corrina!! I love it!! Your coloring is amazing!! Thanks for playing with us at DCRU!!
    Sheri~DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corinna, Wow you really put a lot of work into this really FAB card! Nice work! So glad you shared this with DCRU. Thanks!

    Smiles!
    Gwen DT@DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corrina,
    That's such a super cute card!
    And all that work, it was so worth it.
    Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Corrina! Thanks for sharing your technique...love this card! The ribbon makes it perfect for the DCRU challenge this week!!
    Cara DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whooooooooooo lot of work there Corrina thanks for the tut and for joining Incy Wincy This week

    liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how cute!! Love it!! It may be your first, but I hope not your last...you are talented and it's good to share and inspire!!

    DCRU Hugs- LORi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is great. I know when I sponge with my nesties I just leave the die on then when I am done it stayed white. I learn it from stamptv.com love it. I need scissor lessons though

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - this is fab!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top