Dadisms for Father's Day...hehe...and a Copic tip

Good Morning! I'm sippin' an English Toffee skinny latte and am so excited that we finally have a little sunshine in the rainy state of WA.  WOO Hoo.  I am going to be late with my dad's father's day card, but it just HAD to be perfect and well, ya know that takes time.
Anywho, here is his card.  I used a fabulous stamp set from There She Goes called "Dadisms".  Jessica's stamps are just so funny and cleaver. 
 
Here's a Copic Tip: When I color my image, I tend to saturate the paper with ink.  Not always, but when there are lots of colors and lots of shading, I might take a couple of days to finish it so it gets pretty saturated.  Here's the front of the image.

 Now, here's the back:
This saturation is a good thing according to the Copic Queen, Marianne Walker.  She was my instructor at certification class in Portland and is a GREAT Copic Artist.
I used Jessica's instructions on making a floor, and paper pieced the curtains with CTMH Passages scraps I had around. A little distressing with ink and the PTI linen plate. (I distressed for the There She Goes Challenge-TSG59). Then added some PTI twine and button to finish off the card.
I hope he likes it! And I hope you do too.  Have a great weekend celebrating the wonderful men in your life!! See you Monday. :-D

2 comments:

  1. This is a great card!
    There is quite a bit of detail in your coloring, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! It looks like my dad sitting in his chair. :) I'm just now starting to purchase Copic markers, so thanks for the tip! So did you just take the certification in Portland a few months ago? I had a blog friend (and former CTMH consultant) stop by my house to play the day before she went to the Certification, her name's Sparkle. Maybe you saw her there?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top