First Day of School, First Day of School!

Remember when Nemo says that at the beginning of the movie? Oh, I just LOVE that flick! Speaking of LOVE, I LOVE this new stamp set called Believe In You from There She Goes Clear Stamps!This week is the first week of school for my Aunt Sheila, so to celebrate, I combined a few challenges and voila......
 I used the sketch (by Mercy) for Flutterby Wednesday's #120 Birthday Challenge , The Pink Elephant's "Back to School" Challenge TPE83, W plus 9's Color Cue {7} Challenge and Pile It On's "Pile On the Layers" Challenge! :-D


I die cut the white cardstock and cork with PTI's Notebook die.  Then stamped the girl masking off the line she is normally drawing, then masked her to add the chalkboard.  Her dress is paper pieced with PTI Pure Poppy Bitty Dot Paper.  I used my copics to finish coloring.
 Look at this lil' chalkboard! Isn't it the cutest!!
The inside was finished off with a sentiment and the whole chalkboard from the Believe In You stamp set.  
 And here's the finished card.....
Well, I'm off like a dirty shirt (another movie quote, this one's from "Pretty in Pink").  Happy Crafting everyone! :-D

9 comments:

  1. Corinna - I love your card!! I am so excited about getting this set. I begged Jessica for a year - and it's here and you Trendsetters are doing such an amazing job with showing it off. I wish I could have every single card you all make. I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corinna! What a pretty card!! Love the paper pieced dress and the chalkboard you've made. And your masking is perfect! :)
    I'm so sorry that I had this little girl hold a pencil... :( It's my mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a delightful card! I looked and looked but didn't spy a butterfly, fairy or angel to make it qualify for my Flutter By Challenge but it is a fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, gracious! That is so stinkin' cute! Wouldn't I have just loved to get that beauty in my teaching days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahooooooo! Is this FUN! What an adorable card and SUCH fantastic use of the Color Cue palette! These materials ... *SWOON!* I've got happy "craft" feet! In other words - I'm ALL inspired! Thanks for sharing your talent with the W9 Color Cue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card!! Love the fun image and great cork accent!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of the detail and the dedication put into getting that image just the way you wanted it! Bravo

    Thanks for playing along with us at Wplus9!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a terrific card I love all the designers (that being You) elements choices especially the cork!

    PS thanks for the input on the email feed but for the life of me I cannot figure it out! Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top