TSG90 Wet Embossing Challenge!

Hey y'all!  Hope you had a good weekend! I for one have been super busy. I'm playing hostess at There She Goes this week, so I'll be doing LOTS of fun stuff between here and there! First up for today, the TSG Challenge.

There are several techniques that are essential for stampers to have in their arsenal, and this week I want to make sure that Wet Embossing is one of them for each of you! Pull out your heat gun along with some embossing powders and get busy! You can emboss a solid image on your creation, emboss an outlined image and watercolor it, or showcase another wet embossing technique…your choices are endless!

And here's my card....
I used the Puppy Love Stamp set to make a fun card. I embossed the paw prints in clear over the red cardstock.  See how the pads of the pawprint are hearts? And there is a nice texture pattern on the pawprint as well that shows up nicely.

I embossed the main image, a pawprint inside the heart and sentiment. I used my favorite coloring method, Copics, as per the Pixie Cottage challenge this week.  COPIC TIP: Don't use copics! (The alcohol in the Copic markers moves the color out of the embossing and into your project. Experience speaking here. :(  Best to watercolor....)
Then, instead of sewing, I embossed  the cross-stiches from the In Stitches stamp set.  It is a great way to get the raised look of a stitch without using a sewing machine.
I used the CPS201 Sketch and Mona's CR84FN11 color challenge.  I'll also be using this card as my DT sample for Pile It On's "Anything Goes" Challenge this week.

To be eligible for the TSG giveaway, you are to create a card that utilizes wet embossing techniques, and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (Jan 24th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the look out to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities. TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :)

You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG90 so we can check out your beautiful work!

13 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! I love getting to see all your work in person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card. I love the sentiment.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! Love the shimmery paw prints! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this CUTE card! The embossed pawprints with that sentiment are just perfect and the embossed cross stitches are a SUPER detail! LOVE your coloring and the buttons, too! THX for playing with us this week at
    CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corinna, this card is AWESOME!!! The sentiment is so true :) Love the embossed paw prints too - what a great touch!!! Great patterned papers and cute buttons! Wonderful job with the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!! Hope you'll join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!! I love all the paw prints!! Hoping to tackle this challenge today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Like your card! I like the sketch... and the colur are lovely! =)
    thanks for playing along at The Pixie Cottage
    Hugs
    Sadia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had that happen with my copics and embossing too! I thought I was just rushing things... I love your colouring, and I love the pawprints along the background - so cute! Thanks for joining CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute card. I love the little pawprint inside the heart - sweet!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super sweet card and love the patterned strip!
    Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling card! Love the embossed paw prints! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top