Catered Crop's Follow The Recipe Challenge


Hey everyone!  It's time for Catered Crop's Follow The Recipe Challenge #6!  This is by far one of the best challenge sites EV-AH!!

  •  Pattern Paper – Go Crazy with Patterns!
  • Colors – Anything Goes! Mix and match, try some black accents
  • Stamps – Aprons, images from the kitchen or cupcakes
  • Color Mediums – Prisma Pencils, pens (like Sharpies or Jelly Roll), black ink, distress inks
  • Embellishments – pearls, ribbon, rickrack
  • Misc. Supplies – Puff Paints, Glossy Accents, ModPodge
  • Tools – border punches or die cuts (or use paper trims)
  • Techniques – mixing patterns, coloring with Prisma pencils
  • Theme – cooking or cupcakes
  • Shapes – Squares
Peggy Marsh, one of our Top Chef design team members, has a great tutorial for using Prisma pencils that will truly change your life – paper craft speaking that is.

 I decided to whip up a kitchen scene.  The fabulous "domestic goddess" is mixing up some cupcake batter, while sipping a cool adult beverage, complete with olive.  (If you missed our Top Chef Linda's "Olive You" post, hop on over there for some awesome eye candy....but not till you're done with my post of course. :D)

Here's a close up of the appliances.  I used Silver cardstock and rhinestones.  I really need a stove with some serious bling. :D
I used Liquid Pearls (a la Danielle Lounds) to highlight the sentiment.....wouldn't want anyone to miss it. :D
Here is a close up of the "floor".  I angled the patterned paper so that it would look more like tile.  A little tricky lining up the front layer to the bottom layer. It really worked!! So proud of myself on this one.








  • Pattern Paper – (Go Crazy with Patterns!) October Afternoon Modern Homemaker, Thrift Shop
  • Colors – (Anything Goes! Mix and match, try some black accents) Got it!
  • Stamps – (Aprons, images from the kitchen or cupcakes) There She Goes Clear Stamps Domestic GoddessA Woman's PlaceA Drink A Day
  • Color Mediums – (I don't have pencils yet) Copics and Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Embellishments – (pearls, ribbon, rickrack) Ranger Liquid Pearls, PTI Baker's Twine,CTMH Bitty Bling,  PTI Buttons
  • Misc. SuppliesSadly, none.
  • Tools – (border punches or die cuts) Scissors for lots of fussy cutting. :D
  • Techniques – (mixing patterns or colored pencils) One outta two ain't bad!
  • Theme – (cooking or cupcakes) Built the kitchen too...what more could ya want?
  • Shapes – (Squares) The card is square!! (the stove is square too!)
That's it for me.  Enjoy your weekend and I'll be back for newest TSG challenge on Monday!

7 comments:

  1. What an awesome, wonderfully creative card! I love that sentiment, and I especially love the note on the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous! I love the sentiment! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Jess is LOVING this...AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just screaming ADORABLE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes - I just realized I never left a comment to tell you how much OLIVE this card! Hee Hee. Hey, really, truly I do. This is just crazy amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top