It's A Small, Small World: Copic Face/Skin Color Chart

Hey everyone!! When I was a toy manufacturer/designer, mine was one of the first companies to come out with institutional multi-cultural plush (aka..puppets and dolls with different skin colors for daycares and hospitals). This was a big deal!  People laughed, whispered, gaffed.  Then another company came out with skin color crayons. And soon, everything was multi-cultural! It was so wonderful!!
So I made a little chart of my favorite combinations of skin color.  Some of them are slight in difference. I think as I am now getting better and better at coloring (my Kindergarten teacher would be so proud), these are the differences that bump the artwork up a notch. You can click on the pic to make it bigger.  To save, right click and "save as" on a PC.  I will also leave it in the "Copic" tab here on my blog.

I opted not to do hair with the skin.  I will put up another chart for hair next month.  Well, that's it for me today.  Please let me know what you think. :D

P.S. (I loved those crayons so much I hoarded them and wouldn't even let my son color with them.  I know, warped.)

11 comments:

  1. Thx for sharing Corinna! I use some of the same but it's great to see your other combinations - will be trying those too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this chart is awesome Corrina, thanks for sharing! Off to try to find your ribbon carousel...
    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Corinna,
    I love this reference sample sheet you made. I have bookmarked the site to my computer for easy access!
    Thanks so much it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - this will help a lot. I usually stick with just 0000 and 00, but I'll look back at this next time I want to shake it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi just found your blog and love your cards was also gobsmacked by your name as it's so similar to my very dear friend who name is Corrinne and I have never seen it spelt anyway near this close before yeah I know it's totally random but it got my attention
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for doing this!!! I am pretty new to copics and your charts really help me!

    Jennifer :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing. I own a few (about 10) copics and your chart will help me with further purchases - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really liked your reference chart - i just started cardmaking (any papercrafting, really) about 6 months ago and fell in love with copics.

    Thank you for the reference!

    By the way, I am dying to find out what stamp you used for the reference - the little girls are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top