A Trinket Box for the Birthday Boy and FTR9

 Guess what time it is? Yup its time to.......


I am telling you this is the easiest Challenge in Blog-land.  Just pick one lil' 'ol part of the recipe and use it on your creation.  That's it!  I used several of Nana's ingredients for Catered Crop Follow the Recipe (FTR) #9.  I always start with a sketch, this time using Mojo Monday 185.
I am still stuck on FTR8's boxes theme, so I decided to make a gift box for a boy. 
 Boys have trinkets too, and never have much to put their stuff in, so voila, boy box!  If you want to see what's in the box, stop by tomorrow! ;)
I used the new release stamp set from TSG, Out of This World.  Here's the little boy up close..

I just love this stamp set that was designed by Melyssa Connolly for TSG.  I used Collage Pauge by Aleene's to cover all the DP.  I love this stuff!! (Way better for me than Mod Podge for some reason.)

And here's how I followed the recipe:







Here's the FTR9 recipe. Recipe items are in parenthesis,  the items I used are in blue.
  • Pattern Paper – (stripes, plaids and polka dots)Bo Bunny Blast Off!
  • Colors – (kraft, red, green, blue, and yellow) PTI cardstock
  • Stamps – (alphabets and stars) There She Goes Out of This World
  • Color Mediums – (stamping ink) Copics
  • Embellishments – (bling, buttons, ribbon) Karen Foster Crazy Coil Brads
  • Tools – (sewing machine, distressing tools) MFT star dies, Spellbinders Star Dies
  • Techniques –(sewing, distressing, try threading your buttons with ribbons, ruffled paper/ribbon) Decoupage using Collage Pauge by Allene's
  • Theme – (Boys! and Alligators?!)
  • Shapes – (stars, circles, scallops, and swirls)
Have a great Sunday and I'll see you tomorrow!! :D

4 comments:

  1. OH!!!!! I LOVE this!!! Those stars are Perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous! I love every bit of it! The paper piercing on the star is a great effect! Gotta try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top