Celebrating PTI's Past, Present, Future 2011

Hey everyone.  Today I'm playing along with  PTI's 10th Anniversary Past Present and Future 2011 Challenge.  These are just so much fun and I am on a MOJO ROLL!! So let's get to it.  


I didn't have any of the 5 stamp sets this time around, so I decided to use Jessica Witty's creation as a jumping place.

Moving parts cards have been all the rage and I just LOVE making them.  So I decided to use the PTI Spinner Dies along with the What the Doodles Waves Dies and whale from Just Keep Swimming.

Since the Sunshine stamp set was already out, I used it to make the background by using the dotted ray stamped in Lemonade Distress Ink and then rubbed with my finger Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen all over to create this beautiful shimmery background!  Now don't try this with dye ink or you'll end up with a MESS like this picture here.

Just a side note about spinner cards: I use foam instead of double sided tape when making my spinner cards.  They just look so much better from the sides and there isn't any chance of the spinner getting caught up in any residual adhesive.

Now this whale was NOT easy to use as a Spinner.  Because Whales don't really spin.  Soooo, I used two of the Spinner movement circle dies and hooked them together with a third single circle die.
I needed to have some spray coming out of the whale, but I gotta say I am soooooo lazy about fussy cutting anymore that I wasn't going to use the spray in the Just Keep Swimming set. But voila! The WTD: Waves set has a wave die and stamp that worked PERFECT!

A bit of shimmer in the background and elements. A little embossed flag sentiment strip finishes off the card. Cutey Patooty!
I've never added video to a post, so I'm just gonna try this today and then I'll start reading up on how to really do it right. OK so it's not working, but I'll figure it out...

Say Hi if you've stopped by and let me know what you think.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Ah-Mazing!! Love love love. Especially since little man has been watching Finding Dory on repeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top