PTI Make It Monday Challenge #278

**********UPDATE**********
I was highlighted in this MIM challenge! Woot Woot! You can read the PTI newsletter to see more!
****************************

Today was a wonderful day of creativity! My back surgery is healing nicely and it is making me happier than a bird with a french fry! This week's MIM challenge is to make a Window Chipboard Sentiment.

I created a card front using Tim Holtz distress paper and inks.  Splattered a little water for some pretty variations.
I sprayed the card front with Glitter Dust which I LOVE.  One of it's properties is stiffening of the paper and the other is to make a beautiful sheen and sparkle.
It proved VERY useful when opening the card so the die cut moves smoothly through from the front to the inside.
I cut out the "sending" banner from the Big Hugs Stamp Set with my Scan n Cut 2, which is the first time I've used it that way.  Dies always give a much nicer edge so I won't ever use the SNC2 if I have a die for an image, that's for sure.
 I used one of the Big Hugs dies to make the window.  I actually have PTI chipboard, so I didn't need to layer the cardstock like Stephanie, and it worked out well.  I added a simple stamped sentiment inside the card to finish the sentiment.  Add a few sequins and there you have it, a gorgeous card!
How I love creating again! I know I've said it a few times, but when you get back to what makes you happiest, you can't help but shout it from the roof tops.  :)


9 comments:

  1. So fun! Always love the sparkle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card!!!! And I LOVE Glitter Dust too! I use it all the time when I make party decorations for my kids parties and accenting Christmas package decor :) Great job - and LOVE your blog design ;) XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautifully done! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you knocked it out of the park with this card! Background is so perfect and glitter dust!! How on earth have I missed Glitter Dust??? (I put Wink of Stella on everything!). I will definitely have to get some. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card with that watercolor background and addition of Glitter Dust! I must put Glitter Dust on my list of things to get.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful! I love using distress ink; they're so much fun to play with. I, too, have to put Glitter Dust on my shopping list. How had I not heard of it??? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top