Spring Woods Birthday Wishes

Hey there.  Today I am participating in the PTI MIM #281 Patterns Behind Die Cut Windows. I have had the Spring Woods stamp and dies set for a year and have never used them.  HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN???? I know I'm not the only crafter out there with this malady.  It is commonly known as F.S.S. aka Full Set Syndrome!
I first die cut a circle using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle Die. I love these dies because they cut a stitched pattern around the inside and the outside of the cut. What a gorgeous finished look you get. I embossed the white cardstock with the PTI woodgrain impression plate.
Now, I attached pink tulle to the back of the circle window.

To make a die cut circle shape to cover the tulle, I just attached two SSS dies together with some washi tape and cut them out.  With the stitching addition, it just makes the card look so finished.

This card is a one layer card as far as the card base itself.  The only parts that have been added are the bird and flowers on the outside and a circle die on the inside that hides the tulle.
I teach a card class every Tuesday Morning a 55+ class at a local retirement community where I volunteer.  Now, I will say that I took a LOT of liberty with the challenge, BUT the card turned out so beautiful, who can argue with how beautiful it turned out?!  And they LOVED it!

Now, I did have my phone with me, but I forgot to take a picture of everyone's cards, so I will be sure to come back next Tuesday and add some photos. :D

5 comments:

  1. What an adorable card. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card--I love the delicate colors and the woodgrain front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so pretty Corinna! I absolutely love the pink tulle behind your window and you finished it off too! This card is CAS perfection...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful scene you have created! I still have not used the branches of both the spring & winter woods sets!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top