Koi Fish Pond Mother's Day

Hey there.  Today is all about marbled embossing powder on day 6 of the Sparkle and Shine Online Card Class.  After paper crafting for more than 10 years, I can't BELIEVE this is a technique I haven't tried before!  I totally, totally love this technique and can see it in my future as a go to technique.

As soon as I saw the Hero Arts Color Layering Koi Fish Stamp Set, I knew I needed it for her Mother's Day card.  My mom is an AMAZING artist, so I used her painting as inspiration for her card.
First, I put 2 layers of UTEE on a whole piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cardstock.  Then I added 6 different layers of SSS Island Blue, Teal and Hawaiian Shores inks.  I LOVED the movement of the colors and UTEE.  It was beautiful to watch! Some of the embossing liquid dripped onto my ceramic tile floor and formed these perfect "water drops".

I stamped and die cut the Koi fish.  I embossed a clear layer over the top of the fish to "reflect" the water. The top panel is a SSS circle stitched die cut out of PTI White CS. I added the Happy Mother's Day sentiment and popped up the panels onto Hawaiian Shores Cardstock.
I added the Koi fish with the water drops on them.  And I really did miss the mark by not adding in some lilly pads, but you can't remember everything, right?!
This is truly one of the most beautiful cards I've ever made!  I love, love, love this card and have threatened to confiscate it if she ever takes it off the shelf! 😉 I'm entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge ~ A Bit of Sparkle. I love their inks and cardstock, which I used for this card.  I think this card qualifies. :)

Thanks for stopping by and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. hello! this is an adorable card, super fun design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Corinna. Love the blue background. So cool! Perfect for the pretty koi fish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top