May Papertrey Ink Blog Hop and MIM #285 Felt Flower Challenge

Hey there!  Today is the May PTI Blog Hop.  I decided to double up on the challenge so I can enter the PTI Make It Monday #285 Felt Flowers challenge too.  Gotta LOVE it when you can do that!

The Blog Hop inspiration is this watercolor painting.

So I decided to make a bunch of felt flowers and leaves using the colors in the painting.  I used the fabulous tutorial from Lizzie to make them.  All but one flower were made using the dies from Fab Flakes and the large Damask Snowflakes dies.  I made a magnetic 8 1/2" x 11" frame using some items we all have in our crafting stash.  

First I took the frame apart, flipped over the paper with the fake photo since it was so thin.  Next, I added thick heavy duty magnetic paper to the inside.
Next I hot glued the magnets from my Misti, that I have replaced with a bar magnet, to the back of the two extra felt flowers.  These work PERFECTLY! 
 I hot glued the flowers to the magnetic frame and added a beautiful sentiment which has my FAVORITE collectable on it....FLAMINGOS!
I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how this little project turned out!  I'm going to send it to my co-conspiritor crafty SIL since she has had a tough Birthday month.  But don't tell her! 😉

Thanks SOOOOO much for stopping by and please let me know what you think of my Magnetic Frame with Felt Flowers.  Have a great day!

SaveSave

21 comments:

  1. Your magnet board is wonderful with it's pretty flowers - great color choices! I'm sure your SIL will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! nice border, lover design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea using the magnet sheets inside the frame! Your felt flowers are so bright and cheery - as well as that gold sentiment in the pretty dp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...great idea to combine both challenges! Your flowers are GORGEOUS and I'm sure your SIL will love this!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow is right! What a beautiful project Corinna! Your felt flowers turned our beautifully and I love the colors! Always fun to combine two challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute project and love your felt flowers!! I am still having fun with Lizzie's MIM challenge even tho' I have linked up my creations (been busy making more felt flowers today). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your felt flowers are beautiful!! fun take on the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How clever!! Love the felt flowers. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so smart to combine the techniques! VERY pretty and useful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh you made so many lovely felt flower
    I love them all and the colors so vibrant and happy
    great project
    LOVE!
    I join too PTI Blog hop so so happy if you like to visit my card..its here
    http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/2017/05/pti-mayblog-hop-challenge-card-and-one.html
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your felt flowers Corina!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those flowers! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You nailed both challenges--LOVE this! I wanted to combine the challenges, too, but didn't have a peach felt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, aren't you the clever one! Love this frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. FANTASTIC! What a beautiful piece of home décor! That golden sentiment is a favorite of mine! This is so creative, your flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing project and beautiful felt flowers you made, Corinna! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely beautifully done!! What a great idea using a picture frame and magnets. I love it. You have a lucky SIL!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, Fabulous Felt Flowers!!! Great Make It Monday project. You really nailed this challenge. Here's my entry for the Make It Monday Challenge, and I'd love to have you stop by to take a peek:
    http://karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com/2017/05/hand-rolled-felt-flowers.html

    Have a great week!
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! you win for double challenges and over-the-top participation~ This is such a pretty and fun project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top