PTI June Create Along with Us

Hey there! Thanks for visiting! It seems as though I am falling in love with all of the beautiful Papertrey Ink stamp sets I've been playing with lately.


Today's card is for the Create Along with Us challenge over at PTI for their June release.
I've used the inspiration from one of Nichole's CAS cards to create a card for my sister and her husband who are celebrating their first Anniversary!
My SIL, Liz, and I use Evernote to keep track of our stamp sets.  It is truly a pain in the neck setting it up, but once it's done, you can search for any keywords or labels.  I've noticed that I am using different stamp sets that I might have originally overlooked. I don't have many "Happy Anniversary" sentiments in my stamp sets, (thanks to a quick search on Evernote), so I chose a couple of sentiments from the Pen and Ink Stamp Set that wound up being perfect!!

I then spent around 5 hours just stamping and die-cutting ALL of the images in the Gathered Garden Stamp and Die Set.  Once I came up with a color combination that I liked, I started gathering up a bunch of flowers and leaves, added the twine and bow stamp/dies, and then hunkered down with my mighty Wink of Stella clear shimmer pen.  Yes, I used that pen on everything, including the white parts of the PP!!  I used a gorgeous strip of Summer Sunrise patterned paper from the retired Super Succulents Patterened Paper Collection to ground the card.
I embossed the "Congratulations!" in white on the front and "the best is yet to come" inside.  Then glued everything down.  Not at all what I was thinking of in the beginning, but it is beautiful IRL!  I just love it when that happens!
And here's the finished CAS card. I hate that it is so hard to capture the shimmer, but I promise, it is on there!  I really wanted to use some sequins or finishing touch, but with all the shimmer IRL, it would have been overdoing it I think.
Thanks so much for joining me today! Let me know what you think, and I'll be swing around the hop to see all the other fabulous creations! Enjoy hopping along, Happy Crafting and I'll see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Corinna! Your color combo is lovely, and that shimmer from Wink Of Stella is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely card Corinna! Your colors are just perfect and I love all the texture from the different DSP you used...CAS perfection!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top