Poppy Slider Card for MIM #293

Hey there!  This week's PTI Make It Monday Challenge #293  is to make a slider card.  I've used the PTI Movers and Shakers Slider Dies and made a slight modification.

A challenge for sure!! Fun challenge and fun card!
I stamped the poppy from Stemmed Sentiments where I planned on putting the Slider die. I watercolored my card front using some new-to-me watercolors.  They are the new Jane Davenport Brights Watercolors.  The colors are so pigment filled and gorgeous!  I gotta say that I am pleasantly surprised by how bright and deep the colors are!  
After the panel dried I die cut it using the Slider die.    
I stamped the poppy on a piece of acetate using StazOn.  Then I taped the acetate to the back of the watercolored die cut.   
I popped up the Acetate card front piece using coaster board so the slider piece would stay put.  I watercolored the "pull here" part of the slider so it would match.
I added the sentiment from the Stemmed Sentiments using the holed sentiment tag die with black twine.  
The slider works perfect and it looks so pretty! Here is the tab pulled half way up.  
Here is the tab pulled all the way up!
And an up close of the Poppy.  
Thanks so much for stopping by and let me know what you think! :)

P.S. I'll be making and video taping a new 16" x 20"Acrylic Pour painting tomorrow.  I finally received the items I was needing. So stay tuned to the blog tomorrow or Friday for the new painting and video. I've also made a checklist for anyone that might want to try it. :D


9 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! I love your watercoloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card. Love how the water color is layed out. Great job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Corinna! So lovely with the cool watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your water coloring is just beautiful...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card - love the watercoloring with your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love how you used watercoloring on your slider card! The flow of the design is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so clever! Beautiful watercolored Card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever adding watercoloring to your cute slider card, Corinna! Your results are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top