PTI MIM #303 Holiday Photo Card

Hey there everyone!  I made this cute little card for my nephew who was feeling a little bit under the weather this weekend.  I used the opportunity to incorporate some Florida Christmas photos, watercoloring and some fun stamps to make this tri-fold card for this week's PTI Make It Monday.
The pictures are from our last Florida Christmas with my nephew.  He had sooooo much fun and we can't wait for another one!


This is the first unfolded panel.  I used the So Striking stamp set to cut out the paper template to make a shiny 3D sun.
  I used 4 different shades of Nuvo Drops and a toothpick to swirl the color together.  
It turned out so pretty!  
Here it is on the first fold out flap of the tri-fold card.  Since I really rounded up the rays of the sun, when I tried to flatten it just a bit to fit in an envelope, it cracked.  
Oh I am soooo disappointed, but my nephew won't even notice...hopefully. 😓
The rest of the items were all watercolored.
This is the left side and center of the tri-fold.
This is the center and right side of the tri-fold.
I love the height you get with the Nuvo Drops.  The lights on the palm trees really do stand out.
I used the Splits: Get Well Soon stamp and die, but cut off the lightning bolt.  I gave it a little Nuvo Dandelion Drops where the sun is.  And of course Santa had to match my nephew's clothes and have a sparkly beard using Nuvo Clear Glitter.
My SIL in the photo is the one that I introduced to cardmaking just over a couple years ago.  We really have had so much fun and she certainly keeps me on my toes.

This is a last minute post, although the card has been done for a couple of days.  I didn't get to edit the photos, and honestly, I don't even know why. Where does the time go? LOL  I hope y'all enjoy it and I'll be sending it in my next box to them tomorrow. Stampy stuff for her, hot wheels and the card for him. 😀 Thanks so much for visiting and let me know what you think! See you soon!




1 comment:

  1. Oh what a sweet card! Love the fun beachy Santa scene and the darling photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top