PTI Make It Monday #289 Two Wreath Cards

Hey there! Today I'm playing along with Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge #289 Building Wreaths with Small Images.  I'm just going to admit it straight up.  I had the HARDEST time with this challenge.  I made a BUNCH of messes which I'm going to share.  And as always, I had to make it a two card challenge.


So this really looks like an easy challenge, right? WRONG! Ok, so I am going to blame my inability to make a decent small image wreath on the Misti.  Yes, you heard me right.  I am soooooo use to the Misti that I really haven't used my acrylic blocks in ages.  Lizzie, I am cursing you for making me break out the blocks!

For the first card, I stamped the images from Embellished Elegance in a semi ROY G BIV circle.  I used the new Nuvo Crystal Drops in Delightful Dandilion to add dimension to the flowers.  Then broke out the Wink of Stella pen to add a little shine.

I embossed the stripes in clear embossing powder to add a little shine to the card base. I popped the panel up with foam tape. Add a few sequins and voila, thank you card!
Here are the disasterous attempts.....

 The third disaster card had me using the bold flowers from the Be Stamp Set.  Since that didn't work out, I thought, hey, lets use the "Be" word to be the "flowers".
In true ROY G BIV style, I stamped the words and then used those same inks to blend a background on white linen paper.
I added the words and leaves to a white linen panel and then used Versafine black ink and clear embossing powder to emboss the "yourself".

It was a really fun card to make by twisting up the challenge, and I'm going to send it to my niece who just turned 13.  I hope she likes it!
I didn't add anything more to the card.  No shimmer, no embellishments.  It really was complete without needing anything more.

Thanks so much for visiting and let me know what you think. Happy Crafting and I'll see you next time. :D

6 comments:

  1. Love the floral wreath and the Be is very clever. Both are well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both turned out just lovely and I really like your "Be" wreath...very clever!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty flower wreath and what a fun "be" card! Good idea to use a word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful duo Corina. LOVE your clever Be card...your niece will LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are way more serious than me, Corinna, as I don't consider your other attempts a bust. However, your colorful wreath of mixed images and your circle of "Be's" look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is great, and I love, love, love your website, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top