Happy 4th of July!

Hey there!  I was needing a July 4th card for a party tomorrow and thought I would use Betsy's PTI MIM #290 Challenge to use both stenciling and masking.  Now THAT is a great challenge! Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge this week is Red, White and/or Blue.  I used the  Guiding Lights Stamp Set and Red, White and Blue Stamp Set to make this very "outside the box" 4th of July card.

First I made a "stencil" using painters tape to simulate the rectangle that Betsy used for her card. I used the dies from Guiding Lights to make the mask for the lighthouse.

I used Distress Inks to blend the background of Black Soot, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire for the sky and then Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon and Black Soot for the water and rocks.
I stamped the lighthouse in SSS Hot Lips Red, SSS Fog, SSS Intense Black.  Then I filled in the "light" with Fossilized Amber Distress Ink.  Since the lighthouse mask left a white line around the lighthouse, I moved the mask so I could fill in the white space.
I then embossed the fireworks in Ranger Red Tinsel and Hero Arts White, and the sentiment in white as well.
I matted the panel with foam tape onto PTI True Black CS and then cut the PTI Royal Velvet card down quite a bit to fit the framed panel.  I couldn't get a really good photo of the card, so I will try again tomorrow when the sun is back out. Enjoy your 4th of July celebrations!  It should be a wonderful day here with the community party. 
Thank you so much for visiting and please let me know what you think! Happy Crafting and until next time. :D

13 comments:

  1. Great 4th of July card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use [torn, I assume] painter's tape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! Love your dark sky with fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a fabulous card! I love your ragged edge and the vibrant sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Corinna , this is a beautiful 4th of July card! Me too .... loving that edge! Wow you really went all out and you love it! Thank you for your service to America! I would love it , if pti made that stamp I used! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it not/ you love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is amazing. Had to read your methods and look carefully to see just how you created this one layer wonder! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a spectacular card! I feel like I'm on the shoreline looking into the night sky watching the fireworks. Perfect card for a 4th of July celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific colours--very dramatic! And what a great idea to use tape to get your irregular rectangle! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fabulous take on the MIM technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a stunning card! I am amazed that this is handmade and not professionally done on a printing press! I am in love with your rich colors and how the scene comes to life with such bold shapes. There is nothing that beats the 4th of July on a beach, so you've made a wonderful card here. Kudos to really impressive work and thanks for sharing it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow--terrific take on the MIM challenge! So unique & festive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top