Laugh, Smile, Live : PTI Create Along With Us July 2017

Hey there! Today I am sharing a card that was inspired by Keeway Tsao during this month's PTI Release Day 3 Countdown.  Here is my card for this month's Create Along With Us Challenge.
I decided to "watercolor" a scene with the stamp set Better Together.  I didn't use the main floral image, instead opting to make flowers with the additional images.  I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers on Bristol paper.
I first embossed the sentiment along the right side of the card base.  Then I embossed all of the other flowers.  The tall flower on the left side is embossed using the flower and leaf images from the stamp set and used a Versamark pen to draw the stem.  I let the leaf fall over the edge for visual interest. 
By putting the tall flower on the left side and then dropping down to two other flowers, it helps the viewer to move from the tall, down and over to the sentiment.  
At first I started light by scribbling the markers on my craft sheet, spraying them with water and picking up the color with a watercolor brush.  By layering the color, I darkened up around the flowers and the sentiment to help the eye of the viewer to move from left to right, to the sentiment.
I used the purple to add some speckles, cause I LOVE me some speckles!! :D
I added some Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle to the flowers and leaves.

And here is the card! I couldn't get a good photo showing the sparkle, but that's alright.  Hope you all enjoyed the post! 
Thanks so much for visiting and please let me know what you think!  Happy Crafting and I'll see you soon!


10 comments:

  1. Lovely water colored card. So soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful card...love that soft pretty peach color you used on your background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely card Corinna! Your flowers are so pretty and the sentiment is wonderful...and the water coloring and speckles finish off your card just perfectly! Love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corinna, this is gorgeous! I love the soft, pretty colors you used on it and the speckles are a wonderful finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the soft background, watercoloring, and sentiment...and your speckles make me think of dandelion seeds blowing in the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soft, dreamy and gorgeous, Corinna ... there's something deliciously magical about these lovely whimsical blooms! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Great job with the spatters, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card with beautiful coloring work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card. Love your water coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top