PTI July Blog Hop featuring a Gift and a Card!

Hey everyone! Today I am participating in the Papertrey Ink July Blog Hop.  The inspiration photo is so peaceful with it's blue hues and bits of gold.  
I decided to make a card and a painting as a "thanks for being such a great friend" gift.


First I started with Distress Oxide inks on Bristol paper to make the background of the card.  This seems to be the best paper for many different Oxide techniques.  The colors are Broken China, Faded Jeans, Iced Spruce and a smidge of Fossilized Amber.  There must be at least 7 layers on the background!  For each layer, I laid color down on my craft sheet, spritzed it with water and laid the Bristol paper face down onto the colors.  I then used a heat gun to dry the layer, but continued spritzing large drops of water to help the oxidation process. July's HLS Watercolour Challenge is Anything Goes with a twist of blue. I got that covered! I am convinced that this layering technique is super easy and quite relaxing once you get the hang of it.  A great way to "veg out" and relax, because it's all so random.  You never know what you're going to get.  And you'll see below how that is true for the gift I made.
Next, using PTI's Turning a New Leaf stamp set, I added leaves to the corners using VersaMark Ink and Gold Perfect Pearls.  All you do is stamp the leaves in VersaMark, a couple times if you have a Misti, and then gently brush Perfect Pearls on top.  The Perfect Pearls have a binder in them that is activated with water.  So I misted water with a Nuvo Light Mist Spray Bottle a few times in the air and then waved the card through the mist.  It worked pretty well.   
Using the same technique, the sentiment from Graceful Greetings was added to the card.  To mimick the postage stamps in the inspiration photo,  and participate in The July Happy Little Stampers Challenge "Anything Goes with Dies",  I used the new Mix & Mat: Postal Die to cut a side panel.   The Happy Little Stampers Challenge for July is "Anything Goes with Dies".  I popped up the Postal Die Cut with foam tape, then added the enamel dots.  Voila, pretty card! 😀
For the gift, I made my first "dirty pour" painting yesterday.  I've been slowly aquiring the necessary items and was all ready to use the inspiration photo colors for the pour.  I just can't believe how pretty it turned out being my first one!  

I did make a video, but need to learn how to upload, so check my YouTube channel for the video. I'm JUST setting my channel up so don't expect anything great! 😕Here are a few close up of the cells in the painting. 
I think it just turned out so beautiful, and it was my FIRST one!
Thanks so much for visiting and let me know what you think! I'll be hoping around today to see all the beautiful artwork.  Ciao for now!

23 comments:

  1. First of all that card- amazing! The perfect pearls on here are luxurious!

    And that first attempt at the dirty pour- also amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card!!I love distress Oxides - Got the newest ones yesterday. Now all I need is time to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so cool! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely card Corinna and am totally in LOVE with your painting! Don't you just love DOX inks?!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Wow! and WOW! Your card is fabulous and that painting..... over the top fabulous! I've never heard of "dirty pour". Guess what I'll be researching after my visit here? ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card with DOX background and the Gold leaves and sentiments. And your painting is so awesome too. I also have never heard of dirty pour....

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely layered card design Corinna - the touches of gold with the blue is lovely. and your painting is gorgeous! what wonderful results! Off to check out your video to see how you created this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Corinna! Love all the luscious gold! And how amazing is that 'pour'!!! Congrats, and can't wait to see your video!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Corinna - can you list the supplies you used for your painting please?! Floetrol? Silicone? I checked out your video and others - what a fun technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia~ I will list the supplies used below the video, but I am doing another video tomorrow showing "how" to do the dirty pour with these supplies. Most card makers will probably not know what the heck a "dirty pour" is, so it should be helpful. :)

      Delete
  10. Beautiful card with the Distress Oxide inks!! I love the textures the distress inks created on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning background! I've never heard of "dirty pour," but clearly I need to look into it. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply gorgeous! I have not heard of dirty pour--I'll be sure to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Corinna, your card is very striking with the Perfect Pearls. Thanks for the reminder you pull mine out and use them. Also, your dirty pour painting is fabulous, and I learned something new again today. Never ever heard of this before but love your results!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, and yes it's time to pull out Perfect Pearls again and use them! Will be taking a look at your YouTube channel too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow your card is lovely and it matches your neat paining so well! What a wonderful gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of dirty pour painting, but oh my goodness--your first attempt is a winner! Love your card, too--beautiful use of those wonderful leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful, and I love that background you created. It is so unique and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you popped up a portion of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is lovely work of art; one that warrants framing! WOW! Thank you for sharing this gem in the HLS Anything Goes with Dies Challenge gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  21. That background is stunning! I love the gold.Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate it so very much!

Back to Top